The client seeks to impact human health positively through innovation. They help entrepreneurs realize their dreams of creating healthcare solutions that improve people’s lives worldwide. One of their divisions is a global network of open innovation ecosystems, enabling and empowering innovators to create and accelerate the delivery of life-saving, life-enhancing health and wellness solutions to patients around the world.
They provide an ideal environment for start-up companies to catalyze growth and improve their research and development. In addition, they offer an optimal environment for life sciences companies to transform the scientific discoveries of today into the breakthrough healthcare solutions of tomorrow.
Bringing start-ups to speed on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and compliance requirements led to challenges such as:
- Lengthy SOP documents: Written SOPs provided to researchers were lengthy. As a result, it took a long time to review and assimilate the information, having some researchers skim through and having information gaps.
- Compromised user experience: The SOPs format was inadequate and didn’t offer the relevant context needed to follow the compliance policies and procedures, which led to poor user experience.
- Lack of design principles: The PDF documents were cumbersome, leading to poor comprehension and retention.
- Underutilized LMS tracking mechanism: The learning content was in PDF format and deployed on a Learning Management System (LMS), which could not track whether the researcher had viewed the entire document.
- Cumbersome processes: After going through the PowerPoints, the learners would take a short paper quiz but maintaining the records of this paper-based assessment was a cumbersome and time-consuming task.