More and more organizations are turning to custom eLearning solutions to meet their most pertinent and unique training requirements. An online learning program can be effective when the value outweighs the cost. Organizations delivering personalized training programs use ROI as an essential metric to evaluate workforce performance, measure training impact, and unlock business success.
Measuring training ROI is one of the most important metrics to boost business impact. Is your organization measuring the true ROI from your custom eLearning development program? Demonstrating value is a constant battle for most L&D teams. Adopting innovative methods of training delivery can help you achieve maximum ROI and improve business results.
Creating a Learning Success Plan
Organizations may evaluate the overall impact of learning from the following different levels of the Kirkpatrick Model:
- Reaction—How does the learner feel about the training program?
- Learning—What skills or knowledge did the learner gain?
- Behaviors—What skills did learners develop and did those skills impact their workplace performance?
- Results—What results were achieved? Did the learner apply those skills to the essential tasks?
How does a Learning Success Plan Improve ROIs?
A learning success plan empowers L&D professionals to create a solid foundation for designing custom eLearning development programs and accelerating the performance of targeted learners. The plan also develops a strong base for future L&D projects.
Organizations can adopt this plan to increase their training ROI and enable business success. Here’s how:
- Start by aligning your perspective with the key objectives of the online learning program.
- Explore the four criteria at every level of the Kirkpatrick Model—learner’s reaction to the training experience, increase in skills and knowledge through a custom eLearning development program, behavioral changes associated with learning, and business results.
- Understand the current state and envision the future with various stakeholders and create a performance metric or business goal to improve skills and evaluate progress.
- Use the success plan to validate promises to stakeholders. It is essential that companies work on every component to implement a better strategy and measure improved business outcomes.
This approach is not meant to develop learning programs just to tick boxes. It helps companies deliver an improved learning experience for all while boosting performance and adding value to the business.
To ensure that learning is engaging, personalized, and outcomes-driven, organizations must utilize a learning success plan to strengthen their brand presence with custom eLearning development solutions. Is your online learning program driving significant ROIs? Or is there any need to redesign your business strategy to yield improved results? Explore the four evaluation stages of the Kirkpatrick Model that can help you align learning with the desired business results and achieve greater returns on investment.
If you want to know how custom eLearning solutions can help drive performance and business results, then watch the webinar replay: Aligning L&D with Business Goals: An Outcomes-based Approach.