The pandemic of 2020 significantly altered the way modern workplaces function today. Businesses in nearly every industry had to learn to adapt quickly to survive. Organizations are developing new learning strategies to increase their preparedness, business agility, and training effectiveness as we progress. Training and development play a crucial role in these plans for many companies today.
LinkedIn’s 2023 Workplace Learning Report says that in 2023, the most important things for companies to focus on when it comes to employee learning are: making sure the learning programs match the company’s goals, helping employees learn new skills, encouraging a culture of learning, and making sure employees stay with the company for a long time. Outsourcing your training requirements can be a smart move for L&D organizations. This blog will share some of the best ways an outsourced training provider can help set your organization up for success.
Developing a Long-term Learning Strategy
An outsourced training provider can help your business develop a long-term learning strategy that gets results. An outsourced learning partner will have the resources, experience, and tools needed to set your business up for success. There are two specific ways an outsourced partner can help your company develop a winning strategy for 2023.
- Using an outcomes-based approach to close knowledge and performance gapsAn experienced training company will analyze and identify the gaps that need to be filled by training to help the organization achieve its goals. Identifying the right learning objectives to support key business outcomes is critical to its success.
- Aligning learning objectives with business goals An outsourced partner and instructional designer can also help you develop training programs strategically aligned with your business goals. Each learning content will focus on bridging the knowledge gaps needed to improve performance.
Increasing Business Agility
The impact of Covid19 and digital disruption has left many organizations looking to increase their ability to adapt to change quickly. The business environment will continue to be disruptive in 2023 and beyond. An outsourced training provider can assist businesses with increasing agility in several ways. Outsourcing can make it easier for businesses to scale their learning projects right when they need it most.
- Improving scalability Today it is not uncommon for an organization to have fluctuating needs. The same business may need a few short refresher courses at one point and then develop the need for a large-scale eLearning program for all of their remote teams, all within the same year. Hiring and training an in-house team can take considerable time and money. When you outsource, your provider will have the resources necessary to assign the appropriately sized team to finish your projects on schedule, big or small.
- Increasing speed to market Today’s marketplace is constantly changing, and these changes can happen quickly. The faster your organization can be trained to adapt, the more likely you will turn a challenge into a competitive advantage. An experienced provider in the training marketplace or a managed learning services provider will have the tools and experts needed to speed up the turn-around time of all your L&D initiatives.
Improving the Effectiveness of Training
- Training industry experts and tools An outsourced training partner will be able to readily provide you with experienced training experts and the technical resources needed to develop high-quality learning experiences for your employees. They will know how to use specialized tools for content development and deliver training seamlessly. Access to professionals and professional tools will significantly improve training effectiveness.
- Measuring and optimizing learning and development initiatives Even the best training programs must be measured for effectiveness, updated, and optimized to ensure the best results. An outsourced training partner will use a strategic process and tools such as surveys and learning analytics to measure the effectiveness of your employee development programs. By analyzing this data, they will help you make data-informed improvements to help you get the most out of your training investments.
- Using the knowledge of industry experts to lower safety risks Getting help from outside experts can make organizations safer by providing training that better prepares employees. The experts from training outsourcing companies have the right skills and ideas to create realistic training situations that the organization may not have considered.
With this kind of training, there’s less chance of things going wrong because these professionals know what to include in the training to prevent unnecessary costs and damage. They also ensure that employees are protected from legal issues and ready to handle unexpected risks.
Outsourcing training has many benefits, like saving money and time, making things more efficient, keeping employees happy, and getting access to skilled professionals and advanced technology. In the Deloitte Global Outsourcing Survey, participants were queried about their organization’s perception of the advantages of outsourcing. 65% of the respondents expressed that outsourcing enables them to concentrate on their core functions.
If you are like many other businesses looking to improve their organizations’ ability to adapt to change and train their employees, outsourcing might be the solution you are looking for.