“When are we going to get back to normal?” asks the leader struggling to motivate, coach and manage performance of a remote team.
“This is the new normal”, is the team’s response.
Remote work is no longer just a pandemic response, no longer viewed as a luxury, an indulgence, or an inherently sub-optimal type of work. Many workers have shown that they can in fact be as (or more) productive remotely. Many have gone through the difficult transition of structuring an effective home office environment and finding the balance between work life and home life.
But many LEADERS are still struggling –
- How do you KNOW the level of engagement of remote employees?
- How much are they ACTUALLY working?
- How can you assess their individual needs for coaching, mentoring and upskilling?
- How do you develop and maintain an EMOTIONAL bond with remote employees?
- What is the optimal way to LEAD, to communicate, to build a team of remote employee?
The modern workplace is evolving and the most successful remote leaders are evolving with it. They are adopting new strategies, systems and technologies to create a ‘new normal’ of positive, productive and effective remote work environments and relationships.
Join Dan Rust – Head of Global Leadership Development at Infopro Learning – sharing the best ideas and approaches for remote leadership that he has learned from conversations and engagements with hundreds of high-performing remote leaders. Dan will talk about what it takes for leaders to effectively manage in a remote/hybrid workplace; technical and functional competence, self-awareness, emotional intelligence, inclusivity, and psychological safety.