The phrase ‘First Wave of DEI’ refers the time period before May of 2022, which primarily focused on race, gender, and sexuality. In the workplace, Human Resources departments were primarily responsible for establishing and enforcing equitable policies.
During the ‘Second Wave DEI’, we saw an acceleration and intensification of efforts to drive change in actions, mindsets and results. Racial equity and justice understandably took center stage, but sexuality and gender issues also gained momentum, particularly the human rights of non-binary and gender-fluid individuals.
‘Third Wave DEI’ refers to a near-future period when the focus of DEI initiatives expands from primarily race, gender, language, work experience, to encompass the full range of human diversity. But in Wave 3, the workplace conversation/conflict will begin to move along a different path from the societal conversation/conflict.
This webinar will share insights on the following topics –
- How DEI perspective has changed over the years
- Brutal realities of the Third Wave DEI
- Challenges and opportunities from the Third Wave of DEI
- Understanding the Evolving Leadership Competency Model
- Role of Inclusive Leadership in creating an all-embracing workplace